Foundations of Real Estate Management
High-Performance Training for High-Performance Real Estate Teams
What is Foundations?
- A soup-to-nuts, 6-module, 30-hour, entry-level course, covering the fundamentals of commercial real estate administration, management, building systems, accounting and reporting, contract management and more.
- Classroom instruction from seasoned professionals, reinforced by behind-the-scenes tours of outstanding buildings.
- Live, in-person training with small class sizes to facilitate learning, discussion and team activities.
- Classes will be held every other week starting September 2nd, 2021 until November 4th, 2021 (5 days total). See exact dates below.
- A complete package—instruction, peer networking, property tours and a comprehensive course manual that is easy to read and a valuable resource back on the job.
For All Experience Levels, Foundations...
- Reinforces on-the-job training for junior and assistant property managers.
- Provides “feet on the ground” experience and exposure for administrative assistants and students considering a career in commercial real estate.
- Offers a great refresher for experienced professionals—fills training gaps and provides important management and operations updates.
- Supports suppliers and building engineers who benefit from understanding the basics of real estate management.
Foundations—The Right Choice for Your Real Estate Team...
- Eases the training burden by supplementing on-the-job and corporate training programs.
- Offers the highest caliber training, covering everything from A to Z.
- Prepares new and rising talent for more PM responsibilities an assignments.
- Teaches employees best practices from experienced, seasoned professionals.
- Delivers a curriculum that is regularly updated, ensuring the latest, most accurate information.
- Minimizes time out of the office with convenient scheduling over several weeks.
- Click here for details on what is covered in each module
- Module 1: Real Estate Administration - Instructor Sheila McHargue, CPM, Cushman & Wakefield
- Module 2: The Well-Versed Real Estate Manager - Joseph "Joe" Markling, BOMA Fellow, RPA, CPM, CRCMP, USAA Real Estate
- Module 3: Building Operations I - Instructor: Segdrick Jones, Facilities Engineer & Safety Officer, PerkinElmer
- Module 4: Building Operations II - Instructor: Segdrick Jones, Facilities Engineer & Safety Officer, PerkinElmer
- Module 5: Putting It All Together - Instructor: Sammie Baker, RPA, CPM, LEED GA Endeavor Real Estate
- New Module 6: Other Property Types - (content included during the modules above)
Registration, Dates and Cost:
- Registration fee is $475 per person which includes training manual, lunch for each day and parking fees at each venue.
- Students will receive manuals first day of class. Bring pens, paper and highlighters as needed.
- Class starts at 8:30 and concludes at 4:30 pm (5 days total)
- Course dates & locations are as follows:
- September 9th @ Heritage Plaza - 7800 N. Mopac (Courtesy of Cushman & Wakefield)
- September 23rd @ One Eleven Congress - 111 Congress (Courtesy of Cousins)
- October 7th @ 301 Congress, 1st Floor Training Room (Courtesy of HPI)
- October 21st @ 301 Congress, 1st Floor Training Room (Courtesy of HPI)
- November 4th @ Colorado Tower - 303 Colorado (Courtesy of Cousins)
- Must attend all dates to receive credit for program - missed dates cannot be made up easily.
- Graduation Ceremonies will be held on November 18h @ The Norris Conference Center during our regular monthly luncheon (cost of registration included with course fee)