Foundations of Real Estate Management
High-Performance Training for High-Performance Real Estate Teams
What is Foundations?
- A soup-to-nuts, 6-module, 30-hour, entry-level course, covering the fundamentals of commercial real estate administration, management, building systems, accounting and reporting, contract management and more.
- Classroom instruction from seasoned professionals, reinforced by behind-the-scenes tours of outstanding buildings.
- Live, in-person training with small class sizes to facilitate learning, discussion and team activities.
- Classes will be held on Thursday's starting May 4th, 2023 until June 22nd, 2023 (5 days total). See exact dates below (every other week).
- A complete package—instruction, peer networking, property tours and a comprehensive course manual that is easy to read and a valuable resource back on the job.
For All Experience Levels, Foundations...
- Reinforces on-the-job training for junior and assistant property managers.
- Provides “feet on the ground” experience and exposure for administrative assistants and students considering a career in commercial real estate.
- Offers a great refresher for experienced professionals—fills training gaps and provides important management and operations updates.
- Supports suppliers and building engineers who benefit from understanding the basics of real estate management.
Foundations—The Right Choice for Your Real Estate Team...
- Eases the training burden by supplementing on-the-job and corporate training programs.
- Offers the highest caliber training, covering everything from A to Z.
- Prepares new and rising talent for more PM responsibilities an assignments.
- Teaches employees best practices from experienced, seasoned professionals.
- Delivers a curriculum that is regularly updated, ensuring the latest, most accurate information.
- Minimizes time out of the office with convenient scheduling over several weeks.
Course Curriculum (updated 2023 with new content & images!)
- Click here for details on what is covered in each module
- Introduction to Commercial Real Estate & Property Types
- Creating Value: Asset Management, Leasing, Tenant Improvements, Retention
- Protecting the Asset: Insurance, Emergency Preparedness, Safety, Environmental
- Accounting, Reporting, Budgeting
- The Building & Its Systems: HVAC, Electrical, Life Safety, Roof, Elevator, etc
- Property Services: Contracting for goods & services, Janitorial, Pest Management, Landscape, etc
Registration, Dates and Cost:
- Registration fee is $499 per person which includes updated 2023 training manual, lunch and parking fees as needed.
- Students will receive manuals first day of class. Bring pens, paper and highlighters as needed.
- Class starts at 8:30 and concludes at 4:30 pm (5 days total)
- Course dates & locations are as follows:
- May 4th, 2023 - 515 Congress (Adam Benoit, Stream Realty)
- May 11th, 2023 - Colorado Tower, 303 Colorado (Sammie Baker, Endeavor)
- May 25th, 2023 - 301 Congress (Segdrick Jones, Thermo Fisher)
- June 8th, 2023 - One Eleven Congress (Tricia Motz, Riverside Resources)
- June 22nd, 2023 - Broadmoor/Uptown, 11501 Burnet Road, Building 906, Suite 180 (Sammie Baker, Endeavor)
- Must attend all dates to receive credit for program - missed dates cannot be made up otherwise.
- Graduation Ceremonies will be held on July 20th, 2023 @ The Norris Conference Center during our regular monthly luncheon (cost of registration included with course fee)