Foundations of Real Estate Management
High-Performance Training for High-Performance Real Estate Teams
What is Foundations?
- A soup-to-nuts, 6-module, 30-hour, entry-level course, covering the fundamentals of commercial real estate administration, management, building systems, accounting and reporting, contract management and more.
- Classroom instruction from seasoned professionals, reinforced by behind-the-scenes tours of outstanding buildings.
- Live, in-person training with small class sizes to facilitate learning, discussion and team activities.
- Classes will be held on Thursday's starting September 1st, 2022 until November 3rd, 2022 (5 days total). See exact dates below (not quite every other week - skip one week at end)
- A complete package—instruction, peer networking, property tours and a comprehensive course manual that is easy to read and a valuable resource back on the job.
For All Experience Levels, Foundations...
- Reinforces on-the-job training for junior and assistant property managers.
- Provides “feet on the ground” experience and exposure for administrative assistants and students considering a career in commercial real estate.
- Offers a great refresher for experienced professionals—fills training gaps and provides important management and operations updates.
- Supports suppliers and building engineers who benefit from understanding the basics of real estate management.
Foundations—The Right Choice for Your Real Estate Team...
- Eases the training burden by supplementing on-the-job and corporate training programs.
- Offers the highest caliber training, covering everything from A to Z.
- Prepares new and rising talent for more PM responsibilities an assignments.
- Teaches employees best practices from experienced, seasoned professionals.
- Delivers a curriculum that is regularly updated, ensuring the latest, most accurate information.
- Minimizes time out of the office with convenient scheduling over several weeks.
- Click here for details on what is covered in each module
- Module 1: Real Estate Administration - Instructor: Adam Benoit, CPM, RPA, LEED AP, BOMI-HP, WELL AP, Director, Property Management - Stream Realty
- Module 2: The Well-Versed Real Estate Manager - Instructor: Joe Markling, BOMA Fellow, RPA, CPM, CRCMP - Managing Director - Head of Real Estate Operations at USAA Real Estate
- Module 3: Building Operations I - Instructor: David Shott, SMA, LEED AP, Senior Building Operations Manager with Stream Realty
- Module 4: Building Operations II - Instructor: Segdrick Jones, Facilities Manager, Thermo Fisher
- Module 5: Putting It All Together - Instructor: Sammie Baker, General Manager at Endeavor Real Estate Group
Registration, Dates and Cost:
- Registration fee is $475 per person which includes training manual, lunch and parking fees as needed.
- Students will receive manuals first day of class. Bring pens, paper and highlighters as needed.
- Class starts at 8:30 and concludes at 4:30 pm (5 days total)
- Course dates & locations are as follows:
- September 1st, 2022 - One Eleven Congress
- September 15th, 2022 - Colorado Tower
- September 29th, 2022 - 301 Congress
- October 13th, 2022 - Frost Tower
- November 3rd, 2022 - Goodwin & Co
- Must attend all dates to receive credit for program - missed dates cannot be made up otherwise.
- Graduation Ceremonies will be held on November 17th, 2022 @ The Norris Conference Center during our regular monthly luncheon (cost of registration included with course fee)